Sunday, September 03, 2006

Bad Sleep

I ate some weird Mexican meal last night that didn't sit very well with me. I'm not saying that it was bad, it just didn't sit right in my stomach. It was shredded beef, cooked with egg and grilled peppers and onions. It was quite tasty, but sat like a rock in my stomach.

Plus, it screwed up my sleep cycle last night. I crashed around 9:00 instead of going out for the club night. I woke up at 2:00 AM, and wasn't able to fall back asleep.

I watched a couple of shows that the TiVo had recorded for me. Still unable to sleep, I got up and cruised around youtube for awhile. What the hell is wrong with people? Do we need to see another video of someone making an ass out of themselves by trying to lipsync some lame tune on their webcam?

Or a clip of some white trash chicks pulling each other's hair out after school.

How about a clip of some twit crashing his bike / skateboard / atv and then hurting himself ala Jackass? Not that I really mind watching Darwinism in motion, but what pisses me off is the fact that all these morons have to show you the accident, and then try to make it more dramatic by showing it again in slow motion. Fucking asstards.

But there I am, clicking on each one, hoping for it not to suck. Every once in a while I'm suprised, but that is few and far between.

For some reason the fad on the video sites this week are video clips of peoples cats. Not even doing anything funny / cute / stupid. Just walking around. I mean I'm sure it's cute to the animals owner, but why would anyone else want to see it?

These Web2.0 sites have turned the internet into a virtual wallet that we can cram with snapshots and photographs to bore people with.

It's the new equivalent of having a slideshow of your vacation photos that nobody else wants to see. (Ok, I'm guilty of that as well, but at least with my slideshows you're gonna see something entertaining. Seriously! I'm not like everyone else, my shit is rocking!)

....But I digress.

I finally got tired enough to try to go back to sleep, and that damn Meximeal started screwing with my dream cycle. I must have jolted awake about four different times with the feeling that I had just fallen out of a chair. Occasionally, that can be cool, however four times within a three hour period is not. My psyche is all screwed up today.

Anyways, just felt like complaining. Feel free to ignore me.

No comments: