Monday, September 11, 2006

Now THIS is talent in editing....

(In lieu of everyone else in the world dedicating today to be a day to rehash over 9/11, I am abstaining.... well, in lieu of that, and the fact I don't have much to say that hasn't been stated already. Anything I have to say would prolly just be some mindless rant that I don't feel like giving the energy to right now)

As many of my friends would be willing to admit, I'm a big geek. I dig comics, video games, Sci-Fi.... everything just up to RPG, and definitely not LARPING. (Though I had a brief run in with RPG's in my adolesence, thank the maker it didn't grab hold of me!)

About a decade ago, the internet turned me onto reading Fan Fiction, or fanfic if you will. I spent the better part of a weekend perusing different fanfic sites and was pretty much turned off on the idea. Why? Because even though these fans were brilliant enough to put together well written, and thought out stories, they all seemed to have to cross a line.

What line? Sex.

Now before you go thinking that I'm some kind of prude, which I'm sure my friends would just LOVE hearing that somebody thinks I'm a prude, I'm not. Quite the opposite rather.

I just found myself getting angry at reading these stories that could have almost been killer stories turn into some sort of fantasy outlet for some geek to express thier desire to see Scully go down on Mulder, or Skinner, or both.

The worst one was a story that I stumbled upon, was actually a really great story. Until I got about half way thru it. Scully and Mulder were assigned to a mission to keep Krycek in a witness protection program. They were in some secluded cabin or something like that.

Everything was going along nicely, until Mulder decided to manrape Krycek. It was just stupid and unecessary. But I guess it got somebody's rocks off. Good for them.

A few years later, I found out that there was a cult of these fanficers who really felt the need to get Kirk and Spock together. I swear, the pictures people have drawn are so absurd, they are funny.

I'm hoping that the people who put together this little video below are in the same frame of mind as I am in bringing out the absurdity. If not, oh well. I still think it's one of the most brilliant videos I've seen on youtube to date!

Enjoy!

(Update.... as if the whole story I read about the Mulder and Krycek manrape scene wasn't bad enough.....

I went looking to see if I could find the story itself to link, and have now discovered that there is an entire genre of Xfiles fanfic dedicated to the subject. Namely "Cabinfic"

Um...
Enjoy?)



No comments: